In this guide, I will talk in detail about G4Connect software. I will address the questions like “What is G4 Connect?”, “Who owns it?”, “Who can use this software?”. I will also explain the functionalities, benefits, and how to install this software on multiple platforms.
1) What is G4Connect?
G4 Connect is a custom software designed by Gatekeeper Systems Inc. This software enables you to connect to a range of Hybrid MDVRs from Gatekeeper Systems. You will need a G4 Connect Wi-Fi dongle to achieve the connection. You can use this to play the recorded videos or even configure the MDVR. It also allows you to export a video so that it is available for viewing anytime you need.
2) Who owns and manages G4Connect?
Gatekeepers Systems Inc. owns the G4 Connect software. It’s their proprietary software, so it only works with their systems. Gatekeeper Systems is a pioneer in providing video solutions to the transportation industry. It allows safer transportation for children, people, and public safety personnel. Also, they cover all different kinds of transportation modes for our benefit.
The company uses advanced technology like AI, analytics, data collection to provide intelligent solutions to Smart City projects. This company uses a Platform-as-a-service business model, which helps them offer exceptional solutions to transport vehicles by connecting them to the internet.
3) Benefits of G4 Connect
This software has many benefits, so let’s understand the benefits of G4 Connect software. I am listing them below so you can understand them better.
- G4 Connect’s main benefit is to provide a connection to hybrid MDVRs.
- It helps you watch a previously recorded video.
- It allows you to reconfigure your MDVR.
- You can also export a video using this software. It is a convenient feature as it lets you watch the video whenever you want.
- You can download systems logs using this software.
- You can view a live stream from any camera connected to the system.
- You can create User access rules for the device.
- Check the status of the storage system. You can also format it if needed.
- There is also a search function available which you can use to search specific MDVR you want amongst many.
- It is also available as an app. You can download it via Google Play Store or Apple Appstore.
- You can also use a G4 Connect USB Wi-Fi dongle to connect to a specific MDVR and check its status or export videos if needed. Just insert the SD card in the dongle and then insert the dongle in the USB port of the MDVR.
- The most important benefit is that it’s user-friendly and doesn’t need much understanding to learn it.
4) Who can use G4Connect?
Any company can take benefit from this software if they are using Gatekeeper Systems’s video solutions. This software allows easier handling of all the connected MDVRs. Mainly Gatekeeper Systems provides solutions for school buses, trains, law enforcement agency vehicles, and all transport vehicles. So Schools, Government, Transport companies, any of these can make use of this software. It provides ease of use when there is an incident. All the recorded data can be instantly analyzed or exported using this software. All these things make it a key component of safety infrastructure being built for the transportation industry.
5) How to create a G4 Connect account?
You don’t need an account creation method to login into the software. The first thing you see when you open the G4 Connect software is a login page. There are default login details available for this software. The username and password will be admin by default. You will also need an IP address while logging in. You can change the login details like a password when you login using default login details. You will see an option in the software that allows you to change login details easily.
6) How to download and use G4Connect android app?
As I mentioned before, G4 Connect is also available as an app. I will list down steps on how to download and install this app on your Android Device.
- Go on your android device.
- Then search for the Google Play Store app and Open it.
- There you can enter G4 Connect in the search bar and click Search.
- The app will show up. Click on the Install button.
- After clicking the Install button, the device will download and then install the app.
The app is very user-friendly. After you login, you will see the main page. Here you will have a host of functions available for you. You can use the Playback tab and see all the recorded videos. You will see a calendar inside the Playback tab. Select the date for which you want to see the recordings, and you will see the results for that date.
There are also multiple menus available on the left side of the app when you are in the Preference tab. It broadly includes menus like Basic Setup, Survellience, Collection. All these menus have submenus under them that you can use to modify or change the settings of your device as you need.
Apart from that, you also have an option to see all the log details and configurations files. You can download these files too from the same tab. You can use the Preview tab to see live streams from the camera too.
There are many such functionalities available in this software that makes your life easy by providing you utmost control over the complete system.
7) How to install G4Connect on Windows?
Installing this app on Windows is just as easy as installing it on Android. There are some steps you will have to follow, and then you should be good to go. I will list those steps below so you can better understand the process.
- You will need Android Emulator for your PC.
- There are multiple emulators available online like Bluestacks, Nox, MEMU, etc. Bluestacks is the most well-known out of all these. Download any one of these emulators.
- Now install the emulator using the downloaded “.exe” file.
- Open the emulator. You will see few options like settings and Play Store on the home page.
- Now you have two options. Option one is to download the APK file of the app from the web and drag and drop it on the emulator homepage, and it will get installed. The second option is to login into the Play Store using the Google Id and search for the app on the Play Store.
- If you use option one, then you can open the installed app and start using it.
- If you go for option two, then search the app using the search bar. Click on the Install button. Now the emulator will download and install the app.
- After using any of the above-mentioned options, you can simply open the app, login, and start using it just as you would on an Android device.
By following these easy steps, you can use the G4 Connect app on Windows devices effortlessly.
G4 Connect software is at the core of Gatekeeper Systems’s ecosystem. It is what ties all the things together. It is your one-stop solution to managing video solutions.
It allows you to modify settings, download videos, playback old recordings, download logs, and many more such features. You also have multiple platform compatibility. You can use this software on Android as well as Windows devices. I have provided a thorough guide on how to install the app on these different platforms.
I have provided a lot of information in this article, which will help you understand the G4 Connect software in a much better way.