What is G4 connect App and its features?
G4 connect is customized software that helps to get connected with gatekeeper systems range of Hybrid MDVR’s with the help of G4 connect Wi-Fi enabled dongle. It utilizes multiple characteristics of the gatekeeping system Hybrid IP Mobile DVR.
With the G4 connect application you can even play earlier recorded videos, can also set up MDVR, can export videos on other systems to view them later, change configuration wirelessly, download system logs for checking data, watch the live stream of camera channels available directly through your mobile device, format DVR’s storage, and allow only specific users to the system.
Total number of downloads, updates, size and the developer details
The developer company of the G4 connect app is Gatekeeper Systems Inc. And the latest version released by them is 1.8.8 It has a size of 22MB, having one thousand plus downloads and was last updated on 1st October 2020.
How To Download And Install G4 Connect App On Android Device:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for The G4 Connect App.
- When the page is showing the G4 connect app, then click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Or download from this Link directly from Google Play Store
- After downloading, a popup window will appear asking for permission which is required to use this app, grant them to continue the process.
- Then the G4 connect app will be installed on your android device.
How To Use The G4 Connect App?
Firstly insert an SD Card into the slot given in the Gatekeeper Systems G4 Connect Wi-Fi Dongle. Plugin the power plug of the MDVR to switch it on and insert USB connectors in the respective ports given on the MDVR.
If you are using the Gatekeeper Systems G4 Connect Wi-Fi dongle along with a Gatekeeper Systems USB Hub then di follow the instructions given on the Gatekeeper Systems USB HUB. The exporting of Mirror and sub-stream are not supported currently.
After this, connect the Gatekeeper Systems G4 Connect Wi-Fi Dongle with the MDVR device.
- Open the G4 connect Application, after that a login screen will be displayed. The user name and the password are admin itself.
- After this click on the search bar on the top right corner. This will start searching for all the connected Gatekeeper systems through the MDVR.
- Choose the DVR you want to view or export videos from.
- Then enter the username and password to login.
Other options are easily accessible including preview, playback with exporting videos, and preferences.
Reviews by the users on the Google Play Store:
- Chuck Gassiott has given a three-star review by writing that the G4 connect app is an excellent tool on his device but does not works the same on other android devices, even not all the functions are available in all the devices, as it varies from device to device. This requires a good device to render all the functions.
- Shane Skalski has given a three-star review by writing that the G4 connect app is a great yet convenient app if you have a compatible device. But it is not working on android version 9 and other Apple devices.